Canton, is located in Cherokee County, and is the County Seat. Downtown Canton continues to undergo growth as it revitalizes it’s historic downtown district. Originally Incorporated in 1833, Canton was founded on the basis of trying to initiate silk production. However Denim production was soon what this area became known for. Cherokee County is the fastest growing County in Georgia, and one of the top growing Counties in all of the Country. Known for it’s combination of Excellent schools, affordable communities and exceptional park system, Canton is conveniently located between Atlanta and the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Etowah River flows through the city of Canton.
- First Friday- Hosted on the First Friday from May thru October, this event has live music, food and beverages, local shopping and is just a great time for the entire family.
- Downtown Canton Farmers Market- Held on Saturdays thru October this event has local farmers and artisans.
- Shopping- Whether it’s shopping in the downtown area, or heading over to the New Shopping Center area off Highway 575 and exit 19, Canton has numerous options for the Entire family. Riverstone Parkway also contains numerous shopping options.
- Dining – Downtown Canton has some unique locally owned restaurants that make it a great night out. You can also take advantage of the Restaurants located on Riverstone Parkway, as well as those at the Large Shopping Center hub off Highway 575 and exit 19.
- Golf enthusiasts will love playing at Laurel Canyon, Woodmont, Bridgemill or heading just up North to Waleska to play at Callahans or the Challenging Highlands Course in Lake Arrowhead.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.